BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, May 23, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 251



The Continuous Burnt Offering

“Now this is what you shall offer daily upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually; one lamb to be offered in the morning, and the other in the evening.”      “With each lamb a tenth part of flour mixed with a fourth part of a hin of beaten oil, and the fourth part of a hin of wine for a drink offering.”
            We note here that there was a requirement of wine for a drink offering, a fact which makes nonsense of those self righteous individuals who condemn the drinking of wine in any amount and on any occasion as been sinful.
            But we also note that the amount commanded for use was a very small amount, a fourth part of a hin which would be about 2 ounces. 
            The other lamb was offered at evening in a like manner to the meal offering in the morning, and according to the drink offering of the morning, for a sweet savor; an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
            This daily offering was to be a continual offering throughout all generations at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord, where the Lord will meet and speak to his people.

            “In this tabernacle,” said the Lord, “where I will meet with the children of Israel, shall be sanctified by my glory. I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar; I will sanctify also Aaron and his sons, to minister unto me in the priest’s office.”             “And I will dwell among the children of Israel and be their God.  And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them; I am the Lord their God.” More

No comments:

Post a Comment