BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, September 29, 2013

BRAGADAYJAH 14

Before proceeding further, I would like to deal here and now very briefly with the subject of God speaking to individuals directly. Now I have heard it said that God does not speak to people one and one; and while there are many scriptures that will speak to the contrary, I will try and avoid as I go onward, referring to any Books until we reach them. But looking back from Chapter 1 to chapter 6 of the present book, we see that God spoke most definitely to Adam and Eve, Satan the serpent, Cain and now Noah. On the other hand I have heard people use all kinds of what I would call weird claims of conversations they had with God; “God told me to start a church without music;” “God told me not to read books;” and of course the classic, “God told me to tell you;” Since however, I was not privy to any of these kinds of conversations it would be presumptuous of me to say that they never happened. So all I can say is that given the nature of the conversations, I have to admit I find them weird, without saying more, except to say that since the Bible as we know it is made up of 66 books, I would find it not only weird but disturbing if God were to tell me not to read books. Be that as it may, God spoke to Noah, and in obedience to God’s command Noah built an ark as commanded. The Ark was to be the means whereby, God would allow Noah and his family, together with pairs of every living creature both male and female to escape the ravage of the great flood, and after the flood to replenish the whole earth. More….

No comments:

Post a Comment