BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, May 12, 2013

How Do I Know That God Exists


How Do I Know That God Exists?

I have heard this question asked over and over again.  It has been asked among friends and family; it has been asked of clergymen; it has been asked by believers; it has been asked by unbelievers.  Yet I can’t recall hearing a single logical or even sensible answer to that simple question.  The most common, if the flattest answer I have heard is, “Well you have to have faith.”
            Even before I had any real answer myself, I dismissed that pat answer as being wholly inadequate and incompetent.  As I studied the question more and more, I realized that an All Wise, All Knowing Omnipotent Creator, like any human manufacturer/maker, would have wanted to put his stamp or mark on his creation.  Every car manufacturer does that; every oven, microwave, stove, items of clothing, in short all manufactured goods have the maker’s logo, or mark stamped on it; and man is no exception.
            Indeed the more I studied, the more I became convinced that man has a special mark of his maker indelibly stamped on him and so, in course of time, I made the boast, yes the boast, that I could prove the existence of God with the accuracy of mathematics.
            The result is my book Understanding the Existence of God.  In it I proved that God’s existence is positive, probative and conclusive. That in short His existence can be proved and is more provable than any other fact on earth, if for no other reason than that He is the source of all other created things.
            I will shortly present you with the first of several absolutely mind boggling items of evidence. Evidence so pervasive and self evident you will ask yourself in awe, “How can I have missed it?”  But before proceeding further, I want you to ponder what has been said so far and come back here one week hence to receive the first answer to that seemingly puzzling question, “Does God exist?”
                                                            Rev Dr. John S Weekes           May 12/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment