BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, February 7, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 146

So Judah's plea struck home; and overcome with emotion, Joseph could not contain himself any longer. So he burst into tears and commanded that all should leave the room save the eleven Hebrew boys; but the Pharaoh and all Egypt new the incident. So now alone with his brothers, Joseph revealed himself to them. “I am Joseph he said. Is my father still alive?” But his brothers were so shocked by the sudden revelation that they stood speechless and even withdrew from him; but Joseph invited them to come to him that they may verify it was him. And then Joseph explained, “I am your very brother Joseph, whom you sold into slavery in Egypt.” Joseph urged them further and told them not to be grieved or afraid. That in other words he did not hold what they did to him against them. That in fact what they intended for him for evil God intended it for good; and not only his good; but their good also. Joseph explained to them that the famine which had been ravaging the world for the last two years, was destined to continue for another five. To put their minds at ease, Joseph reassured his brothers that they should not be fearful or feel badly about what they had done to him. It was God's way of preparing for them by causing him to be in the position where he would prove to be the savior of Israel. So concluded Joseph, it was not you who sent me here, but God; and he made me a father to Pharaoh, lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt. “Go ye therefore, with all haste” Joseph commanded them; and tell my father that I am alive; that God has made me ruler over all Egypt; and that he should come down to me as soon as possible.” more

No comments:

Post a Comment