BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 942

BRAGADAYJAY 942
Amon’s disgrace on Tamar.

Having baked the cakes that she made, Tamar in her innocence took them to Amnon; but he refused to eat until everyone other than Tamar was gone from the house; and so everyone left.  Alone with Tamar at last, Amnon told her to bring the food into the bedchamber that he may eat out of her hand; and she did so.   And as soon as Tamar was in the bedchamber with him he said, “Come lie with me my sister.” And she remonstrated and said, “No my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done this day in Israel. Therefore, do not this folly. For on my part where will I cause my shame to go? And as for you, you shall be as one of the fools in Israel.”  Now therefore, I beg you, speak unto the King and he will not withhold me from you.” But do not commit this folly.”  But notwithstanding the logic and urgency of her plea, he used his greater strength to force himself on her and ravaged her; and after the act, his infatuation and lust turned to hate, so much so, that the love he had for her was exceeded by the hatred he then had for her, and said to her, “Get up and be gone!” And he called for his servants to come to him and throw her out and bolt the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment